Monday, November 17, 2014

Our Ward Christmas Party



A ward or branch Christmas party can be a lot of work! I was in charge last year and came up with a skit that incorporates Santa and Jesus Christ's birth so that it helps us focus on the true meaning of Christmas. It's a skit where Santa tells the Christmas story, but also invites visitors from back in the Bible and Book of Mormon days in Santa's special Time Machine.

I'm sharing my skit and slideshow in case I can help someone's ward/branch Christmas party planning go a little smoother!

We called our party a "Community Christmas Party" in an effort to include non-members as well and hung these flyers on peoples' doors throughout the community. We didn't have a huge turnout of non-members, but I feel that our party turned out great, and we all left feeling the real Christmas spirit. One person even commented to me later that he had brought his sister who is not a member and she felt touched by the Christmas story from The Book of Mormon in the skit.

Here you will have access to my skit,

the slideshow,


lyrics for the songs to sing,


and Photoshop Files and jpeg files for the posters and flyers so you can customize them for your party.

You can access my Ward Christmas Party folder with all the files HERE.

I obtained permission to use the images in this slideshow, many of the artists responded that it would be fine as long as they were only used in the purpose of spreading the gospel and that they were credited in the slideshow. It was only with a few of the images that I could not trace an artist too, but I have included--hopefully that is okay! I love the music--a version of "What Child is This" by Lindsey Stirling.

Best wishes with your Christmas party planning!

You have permission to use all of the information I've posted!


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your efforts and generosity in sharing this. Our Relief Society loves this idea and are working to put it together for our church's Christmas Dinner and Party this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your Santa's favorite story skit. I am planning on using it for our ward party coming up. Can you tell me how to get the same lettering that you used on the posters and flyers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any way to get this skit? It says I do t have access when I click the link. My email is jenalvey86@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A virtual Christmas party is spreading the joy with your office colleagues virtually on an online conference. Throw the ultimate Christmas party this year from start to finish with our list of virtual work Christmas party ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am unable to open file. It says I don't have access. Could you email everything to txkukana64@yahoo.com
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete